History & distinctions
Creation of BMCE Capital, the Investment Banking Division of BANK OF AFRICA – BMCE Group, encompassing market activities, brokerage and asset management through the Trading Room, Maroc Inter titres and Marfin respectively.
- Expansion of the Division’s business lines to include corporate finance activities
- Revitalization and reorganization of the Securities Division
- Launch of new market activities: Open Term Foreign Exchange, private debt issues, “energy” activities, European and US bond activities through Tangier offshore
- Obtaining the AIMR certification issued to BMCE Capital Gestion (ex Marfin)
- Inauguration of Espace Capital, the first Moroccan asset management agency
- Creation of Capital Conseil
- Launching of the technological platform for the automatic transmission of client orders to the Casablanca Stock Exchange
- Creation of several dedicated funds: Medersat.com, FCP Capital Optimisation, and integration of BMCE Capital Gestion's services into the LIBRITY portal
- Creation of the Africa Initiatives Department in charge of the development and management of the Investment Bank's activities in Africa
- Obtaining ISO 9001 Version 2000 quality certification for the Securities Division
- Reorganization of the Investment Bank, creation of five business lines federated around a common entity, BMCE Capital: BMCE Capital Markets, BMCE Capital Bourse, BMCE Capital Gestion and BMCE Capital Titres
- Implementation of the Sales Platform
- Obtained the Asset Manager "aa -" rating for asset management activities delivered by Fitch Rating and created the Capital Optimisation and Capital Obligations Plus bond funds.
- Launch of BMCE Capital Dakar
- Marketing of foreign exchange derivatives
- Expansion of the range of consumer UCITS with the launch of the first money market funds
- Partnership between BMCE Capital Bourse and CM-CIC Securities, following the acquisition by CIC of a stake in BOA’s share capital
- BMCE Capital Markets launches trading on MAD Offshore
Launch of Axis Capital in Tunisia, an entity specializing in Asset Management, Brokerage and Financial Consulting
Launch of three new optional products by BMCE Capital Markets Foreign Exchange Desk and development of "Futures" by the Offshore Desk
- Creation of BMCE Capital Gestion Privée, a company focused on wealth management
- BMCE Capital Markets launches the first stock options listed on the Casablanca Stock Exchange
- Certification of the BMCE Capital's Trading Room to the ISO 9001 version 2000 standard, with a score of zero deviation. It is the first trading room in the Maghreb to be certified.
- BMCE Capital changes its visual identity, integrating the pearl into its logo, for greater synergy with the parent company BANK OF AFRICA – BMCE Group
- BMCE Capital Gestion launches the first Moroccan fund with guaranteed capital indexed to the performance of five stocks on the Casablanca Stock Exchange.
- BMCE Capital Bourse launches the platform “BKB Bourse en Ligne”
- BMCE Capital Markets launches three new foreign exchange derivative products and expands its offer of structured products
- Capitalizing on its experience and its "BK Bourse en ligne" tool, BMCE Capital Bourse has actively contributed to the implementation of a trading platform giving to BANK OF AFRICA BMCE Group a network and to its clients a real time access to the Moroccan stock market.
- Acquisition by BMCE Capital Gestion of a management tool that meets international standards
- Launch of the first Moroccan fund with guaranteed capital and minimum rates indexed to the performance of a European equity index, the Eurostoxx 50
- Launch by BMCE Capital Markets of a new foreign exchange derivatives product, the "Ratio Term" Launch by BMCE Capital Markets of systematic trading for own account
- Successful renewal of the Trading Room's ISO 9001 version 2008 certification
- Launch of the electronic Foreign Exchange Trading platform: BMCE FX Direct
- EMEA Finance awards BMCE Capital Gestion and BMCE Capital Bourse with the "Best Asset Manager in Morocco" and "Best Broker in Morocco" prizes
- BMCE Capital Gestion's rating assigned to BMCE Capital Gestion by Ficth Ratings has been upgraded from M2 (Mar) to M2 + (mar)
- Adoption of the visual identity of the parent company BANK OF AFRICA – BMCE Group
- Restructuring of African subsidiaries (AXIS Capital, BMCE Capital Cameroon)
- Development of a more ambitious African strategy
- Creation of BOA Capital
- Creation of BOA Capital, a pan-African investment banking division with CFC status and BMCE Capital Global Research, the first subsidiary research office in Morocco.
- Formalization of a pan-African strategy for 2020 and creation of BKGP International, a subsidiary with CFC status and dedicated to the development of wealth management operations on the continent
- BMCE Capital Bourse obtains ‘the ISO 9001 version 2008’ certification
- BMCE Capital Gestion obtains the Services Commitments and ISO 9001 Version 2015 certifications
- Launch of BMCE Capital Titrisation
- BMCE Capital Gestion Privée obtains ‘the ISO 9001 Version 2015 certification’
- Launch of the BKGP Direct e-platform
- Launch of BMCE Capital Solutions
- Launch of BMCE Capital Real Estate, BMCE Capital's real estate asset management company, approved by the Moroccan Capital Markets Authority to manage Real Estate Collective Investment Schemes (OPCI) on behalf of third parties.
- Launch of CAP'TECH by BMCE Capital, the first open innovation program by a local investment bank.
- Launch of BK Financial Bot, the first chatbot dedicated to the investment banking business.